Update Production status: Discontinue
If you are looking to buy a high-quality Yamaha digital piano for professional training, we recommend the Yamaha P95.
With a variety of amazing properties, Yamaha P95 is one of the signature products from Yamaha – one of the most prestigious Japanese musical instrument manufacturing companies.
So why is Yamaha P95 the best choice for you? For more details, please spend time reading our Yamaha P95 review.
An Overview Of The Yamaha P95
First of all, we must say that Yamaha P95 is an ideal piano keyboard for newbies and musicians.
Before coming to the thorough review of Yamaha P95, please have a look at some standard specs.
- 88 fully weighted keys with Graded Hammer Standard keyboard
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard, Fixed, Medium, Soft
- Piano sound: Advanced Wave Memory (AWM)
- 10 voices
- 64 Notes of Polyphony
- 4 Reverb Effects + 1 Chorus Effect
- 50 Piano Preset Songs
- Speakers: 2 x 6 Watts
- Connectivity: 2 headphones jacks, MIDI input/output, sustain pedal, Pedal Unit, DC IN 12V
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 52.2 x 6 inches
- Weight: 26.5 pounds
Yamaha P95 Review
For the first word, we want to say that Yamaha P95 consists of almost all features of a standard digital piano. Let’s explore how great it is!
If you are hunting for a compact and portable electric piano, then the Yamaha 95 is the best choice for you.
This piano will not take up too much space; therefore, you can place it anywhere in your house, even on a furniture stand.
Having a slim design and weighing less than 12kg, this piano can fit in a match almost every interior space and conveniently move as need.
Moreover, in case you want to practice or perform piano somewhere, you can take it with you with ease.
Besides, it will not take you lots of time to set up the piano.
Is there anything special about the keyboard of Yamaha P95? The answer here is Graded Hammer Standard, which makes the sound produced by this digital piano more similar to an acoustic one.
Mainly, you have to put more pressure on lower notes than on higher ones. After experiencing the piano, you will certainly get excited about the marvelous feeling you have from the keyboard.
In the memory of Yamaha P95, there are precisely 10 preset voices.
You can listen to the sounds of various instrument types such as acoustic piano, organs, harpsichords, and strings.
Also, each preset voice is recorded and adjusted meticulously through the modern technology of Yamaha.
The purpose is to bring incredible sounds.
Advanced Sampling System
Advanced Wave Memory is a sampling system specially designed for Yamaha P95. This technology allows the item to record and produce the sound remarkably close to an acoustic piano.
It can be said that this feature makes Yamaha P95 successful in creating lively and realistic sounds that any digital pianos desire to achieve.
On Yamaha P95, there are a total of 50 songs available for beginners to listen for reference. Almost all of these songs are classical pieces of music in the world.
The built-in speaker system is also the highlight of this instrument whose amplifiers work quite effectively. With 2 x 6 watt speakers, the sound generated from the piano is powerful enough to make you satisfied.
Pros And cons
Like any other digital pianos, Yamaha P95 comes with both advantages and disadvantages. In particular,
- The first impression of Yamaha P95 is its elegant looks. If you choose a suitable location in your house for this piano, it can add an aesthetic touch to the whole space.
- Listed among the Yamaha P-Series, Yamaha P95 is a compact and lightweight product.
- When experiencing Yamaha P95, you certainly will feel amazed at its 88 fully-weighted keys along with Graded Hammer Standard. The instrument will make you feel as if you are experiencing an acoustic piano.
- This digital piano provides you with up to 10 beautiful voices that give you lots of choices to change the piano sound. Just press the button, then the sound will switch to the type you like.
- The voice option of layering brings you exciting experiences as it allows producing many voices on one key.
- Through the MIDI connectivity, you also can connect your Yamaha P95 with any MIDI-enabled devices. After the MIDI controller displays, you take a few simple steps before getting started with new experiences on your smart devices.
- A Yamaha P95 manual will supply you with all the necessary information about the instrument.
- Last but not least, the piano has an affordable price. If you don’t have deep pockets, the Yamaha P95 is a quality option to choose from.
- Aside from lots of advantages, there are a few drawbacks that make people dissatisfied with Yamaha P95.
- The first negative feedback from customers is about the piano’s polyphony. With a rather limited number of only 64 notes of polyphony, the item is suitable for playing solo only.
- Additionally, Yamaha P95 does not offer USB ports, thus giving you a few choices of connectivity.
Yamaha P95 Comparisons
Now, we make some comparisons between Yamaha P95 and other instruments from Yamaha to see which piano will be most suitable for you.
Yamaha P95 Vs P80
These two versions share some similarities:
- Keyboard: Both the P95 and the P80 allow users the opportunity to experience 88 weighted keys along with Graded Hammer Action, bringing the close feeling to that of acoustic pianos. They are also ideal choices for those who are new to the piano.
- Polyphony: Both of them have the same number of notes: 64, which is quite modest compared to other Yamaha pianos. Typically, the P225 comes with up to 256 notes of polyphony.
- Design: Belonging to the Yamaha P-series, the two products are so compact and light.
- Speaker: Yamaha P95 features build-in speakers while Yamaha P80 does not have this characteristic, which causes some inconveniences for users.
Yamaha P95 Vs P105
Yamaha P105 is the new version of Yamaha P95; therefore, they are similar to each other in various aspects. Here we want to show some typical differences between them.
- Voice: the sounds of Yamaha P95 are recorded and redesigned with AWM (Advanced Wave Memory). Meanwhile, thanks to Pure CFIIIS, Yamaha P105 can create beautiful sounds.
- AUX output: The headphone is the only auxiliary output of the P95 while the P105 provides you with both headphones and line level.
- Speakers: The P95 has only two elliptical speakers, but you will find out up to four rounded ones when buying the P105.
- Output: the capacity of the P95’s speaker is 2W higher than that of the P105; particularly 12W and 14W in turn.
- MIDI: Most digital pianos, including Yamaha P95, have a MIDI output that allows you to connect to other devices, but Yamaha P105 is different from them – no MIDI available.
Read more: Yamaha P35 Review
In A Word
After reading our Yamaha P95 review, you may realize some shortcomings of the piano. That being said, with a great number of striking characteristics, especially compact design, it is still regarded as a product that is worth buying.
In the market today, you can hardly find such a reasonably-priced digital piano that gives you a chance to experience music in that way.
Thanks for reading our review. If you have any contributions, please leave your comments below.
10 Best Yamaha Keyboards
Yamaha is a leading group in the production of musical instruments with extremely good products. Let's check out best yamaha keyboard here.
Casio Privia PX 860 Review: Turn Your Living Room Into A Concert Hall
A small Casio Px 860 can turn your living room into a fantastic concert hall?Let take a closer look at the review right away to verify that sentence!
Casio CTK 4400 Review: Friendly Feature For Beginner
Is the Casio CTK 4400 good enough for beginners? To find an answer, continue reading our Casio CTK 4400 review below, and then you can buy one later.
Yamaha YPG-235 Review – All You Need To Know
Search for the review of the Yamaha YPG-235? Don't go anywhere else, we will talk about it in this aricle. Read the review now!
Casio Sa 76 Review: Complete Guide To A Great Mini Keyboard
Is Casio SA-76 an excellent instrument for endless good sounds? Our Casio sa 76 review is the answer. Read here
Yamaha P71 Vs P115 – How To Tell Which One Is The Best For You?
Either you're a beginner, an intermediate or professional piano player, Yamaha P71 vs P115 will satisfy you. CLICK to know which one is more fit for you.